Vote Gutter-Parker on May 21, 2024!
I am B Thassanee Gutter-Parker, also known as BT Parker, and I am honored to be our candidate for Gwinnett County Superior Court Judge, Division 5.
I continue to “Bridge the Gap between the Community and the Court” as I am: a pioneer in developing and facilitating programs which reduce recidivism (crime); a well-known advocate for our children; and a champion for community safety. I am a Trailblazer for Reform, and a Servant Leader for Justice.
So, why is Superior Court important? It is important because it is the highest court in the county, and a court of general jurisdiction, which simply means that it has authority to hear cases of all kinds—criminal, civil, family, personal injury, property, etc.
My passion and experience uniquely qualifies me to be your next Superior Court Judge. My law practice over the last 28 years has allowed me the benefit of practicing in over 20 areas of the law; and in about 100 of Georgia’s 159 counties. This experience includes representing entities and individuals from all walks of life such as the poor, the working class, the wealthy, celebrities, small businesses, large corporations, cities, counties, the State of Georgia, and others. I have represented both plaintiffs and defendants, so I am familiar with varied perspectives.
Why is that important? Citizens want a judge who is unbiased and fair, and who has spent their career representing a variety of parties--not spend most of their career, for instance, just representing the government. My diversity of experiences ensures that I will adjudicate fairly.
Litigating in courts all over Georgia has given me firsthand knowledge that has allowed me to bring best practices to our ever-changing-vibrant Gwinnett County. I have helped Gwinnett County to evolve. An example is that with the exception of pre-trial diversion, Gwinnett County did not have a second-chance treatment/accountability program (for non-violent and non-sexual offenders) until after I championed for such in 2019.
Please see “Platform: Why Vote For Me” to learn how Gwinnett County has already benefitted from me bringing ideas and best practices from other counties to Gwinnett.
Moreover, as a Servant Leader for Justice, I currently and faithfully serve the citizens of the State of Georgia and Gwinnett County as:
· Board Appointee for the State of Georgia (appointed by our Governor)
· Board Appointee for Gwinnett County (appointed by our Gwinnett Board of Commissioners)
· Board Member for Gwinnett Boys & Girls Club
· Board Member for Council of Youth Anti-Drug, Inc.
· Board Member for Northside Hospital Women’s Leadership Council
· Board Member for Rotary Club of North Gwinnett
· Ambassador of Multicultural Affairs for 316 United Nations of Gwinnett
· Volunteer for Gwinnett Legal Aid
· Member of Ministers Against Crime
· Member of World Chamber of Commerce
· Member of Come Clean Gwinnett
· Foster Parent, etc.
Furthermore, I am committed to family and community:
· Wife and Mother
· Member of Berean Christian Church
· 100 Most Influential Women in Georgia, 2019 Award Recipient
· Recognition by our Gwinnett County District Attorney’s Office
· Recognition by our Gwinnett County Solicitor General’s Office
· National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Trial Attorney Advocate
· Civil litigator for plaintiffs and defendants
· Former prosecutor and criminal defense attorney, etc.
And, although I have a thriving general practice which lends itself to flexibility, diverse clientele, and travel, I, instead, would be honored to serve as our next Superior Court Judge so I can ensure that, in my courtroom, there will be “justice for all”.
Click below to read Thassanee's "Personal Journey".
Copyright © 2024 B Thassanee Gutter-Parker For Judge - All Rights Reserved.